HomeNewsExhibitsYo-YosMemorabiliaRelated Skill ToysArtProfiles & HistoryPatents & ResourcesMessage BoardAbout UssupportOneDropDuncanYoYoExpert
Random Exhibit
Unknown
Sukeban Deka

Sites of Interest
Yo-Yo History of Bob Rule
Mr Yo-Yo

Duncan Imperial - Cattle Brand - Bar S
Exhibit #4015
TypeProduction
ShapeStandard (-)
AxleFixed
ColorBrown
PackagingCarded
ConstructionMulti-piece plastic
ResponseStarburst
GapFixed
ConditionMint in Package
Date1977
OwnerRick Brough
Compare

An Imperial-shaped yo-yo from Duncan's 1977 Famous Cattle Brands product line.

The plastic yo-yo was molded to look like it was made from aged, weathered wood. The mold also included the Duncan "brand" on side A and the cattle brand on side B. In all, there were eight famous cattle brands to collect. The back of the card identified all eight brands. These models came in either dark brown or light brown. The overall shape was identical to Duncan's venerable Imperial plastic model. Used a fixed steel axle and cotton string.

The yo-yos from this line were inconsistent in how they were mounted on the card. Some yo-yos had the Duncan brand logo facing the card front side; other times, it was the cattle brand that faced the card front side. If you are collecting these, neither variation is more desirable over the other. What is more desirable are complete, painted cattle brand and Duncan brand logos. More often than not, these logos are missing brown paint on the light brown models or black paint on the dark brown models.

The model in this exhibit depicts the Bar S brand from the ranch of the same name in Southwest Texas. Located in Reagan County and Irion County, Texas, the 172,000 acre ranch was originally owned by the Sawyer Cattle Company (1884-1954). Later is was owned by the Blakley Braniff Association from 1954, when W. A. Blakley purchased the ranch, until 1975, when the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Crippled Children became the owner. The ranch was managed by Louis Farr and his son and grandson, Louis Farr, Jr. and Louis Farr III, from 1918-1969. The name of the ranch was changed to Rocker B in 1954.
Other Views
Side A, large
Side B, large

compare
2005-2021 © David W. Hall & Grahame BaptieWright